Wednesday 12 December 2012

DEMONS - A new poem from my past - Its not what you think read and all will become clear.

Demons

The memory of you binds me
Holds me like my body is wrapped
In a thick layer of plastic film
*
The more I struggle, the hotter
It gets inside my cacoon
The sweat beads and clings
*
I can not see, except through
The bars of my bony fingers
As they form a knotted cage, over my face
*
I peer through the gaps to see
But all I catch is glimpses
Of what my life could have been
*
The power drained from my heart
As it slows to a morbid standstill
Still beating but tormenting me
*
The life that I thought once mine
Is no longer, and I see my love
As if a movie, in my cluttered mind
*
Tales of days gone by, opportunities
Missed, to never be taken
Chances hidden, hesitation now loss
*
Heed me children lend thy ear!
Do not remorse a lost chance
For they will not cry for you
*
They point, mock and laugh,
They watch you as you age, become feeble
Your bones and mind weak with time
*
Then they gain satisfaction from you
As they see you stumble, fall, pray
Hope for a redemption that is never coming.
*
They thrive on your fear, your aches
Your pains physical and of mind
They watch as you lose everything
*
Your hopes
Your dreams
Your love
Your life
*
They feed on your failings
They fill with strength of being
As they feed on what’s left
*
Your Fear
Your despair
Your hate
Your loathing
*
They separate us like a herd
Targeting the weak of body
Then the weak of mind
*
They go for the young
The not so sure
The displaced
*
Don’t let them get you
Be strong of will and mind
Be true to who you are
And never let the demons in

Copywrite - Graeme Hawke 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment